Top tips from the founder of the UK’s first Vegan frozen Pizza Company!
“Good business leaders create a vision, articulate the vision, passionately own the vision, and relentlessly drive it to completion.”
The UKs vegan food market, until recently was missing a large food category: frozen pizza but one man saw the gap and decided to take action and do something about it, Mikes Hill is a seasoned entrepreneur, he opened his first business 20 years ago a Vegan, non-smoking jazz-themed cafe. Possibly it was 20 years too early, the cafe didn’t last long, and it was shut down soon after.
Mikes current Company One Planet Pizza now sells the UK’s first Frozen Pizza it has expanded throughout Europe and has also won awards!
But its taken a lot of hard work to get him there, the journey has included several rounds of crowdfunding, many trade fairs, linking up with industry influencers and setting up taster sessions with the public and suppliers while always working hard to ensure the product is top notch in terms of quality, taste and ethics.
I recently had the pleasure to chat with him on the subject of business where he opens up about some of his tips for plant powered success, to listen to the interview check out our podcast!
Heres a few of Mikes top tips for success-
- Work with Bloggers and Influencers who can get your brand recognised, but always make it a win-win situation for them.
- If you’re going to go the crowdfunding route make sure that you have a well worked out pitch that answers all the objections that the investors might have.
- Crowdfunding is an excellent way to create a small army of raving fans who will help the brand succeed.
- Use collaborations on social media to create hype when doing local events.
- Work with wholesalers as this will give your product a more significant scope as smaller companies will be able to order more manageable size orders.
To hear the full interview in more depth listen to the podcast where we discuss what goes on behind the scenes at One Planet Pizza, to be notified when the podcast is available, sign up for the PPS notifications!
“Failure is not to be feared. It is from failure that most growth comes.”
Activist and entrepreneur on a mission to bring wisdom and wellness to the world.